Amid coronavirus pandemic, Singapore is gearing to close all the schools and most of the workplaces for a month to curb the spread of disease in the country. Desperate times call for desperate measures, specifically for working professionals and students. Your workstation might need a few essential tools to achieve maximum productivity in these testing times.
For instance, if you’re going to be engaged in video conferencing during this lockdown period, you can use any android phone/tablet as a webcam for your desktop applications. Moreover, it appeals to people over cheap and sloppy built-in laptop webcams. Laptop webcam at times has failed many of us. This might happen suddenly after prior use for some people while others have this webcam issue from their use of a PC. This alternative seems better if you’re willing to invest in a Phone/Tablet instead of a webcam. Using a Tablet/Phone seems legit enough due to accompanying factors like HD video, decent microphones, and projected usage. And if you face any issue with your Phone/Tablet you can easily get it fixed at Digital Hospital. Therefore, you can simply invest in any mid-range phone/tablet as they have a better camera than most webcams.
It will help you in holding effective video conferences with clients and colleagues or you can use it to broadcast your gaming sessions during life in quarantine. Even students can use it to reap the benefits of much needed virtual experience required by them to take necessary online classes and assignments.
To make this possible, you just need to download Droidcam wireless webcam on an android tablet/phone and Droidcam client on the desktop. It will add solid remote viewing capabilities to an android phone/tablet that too with minimal setup.
Product Used for this Conversion:
- Android Phone/Tablet: Samsung Galaxy S2 Tablet & Samsung Galaxy S3 Tablet
- Mount/tablet holder: Samsung Galaxy Tab Holder
- Vital app: DroidCam Wireless Webcam
Android device as a webcam for your PC
How to use your Android phone as a webcam for your PC
5 Simple Steps:
- Download and install the DroidCam Wireless Webcam app on your Android Smartphone / Tablets.
- Download and install the DroidCam Client app on your Windows PC via https://www.dev47apps.com/droidcam/windows/
- Connect the DroidCam Wireless Webcam Android app with the Windows DroidCam Client.
- Start the video feed from your Android phone.
- Use your Android Smartphone as a webcam on Skype, Facebook, and other similar apps.
Download and install the DroidCam Wireless Webcam app on your Android Smartphone / Tablets.
Download from Play Store App Installed
Start Setup (Mobile App) ………
Open App to Setup Click Next Click Got It
Download and install the DroidCam Client app on your Windows PC via https://www.dev47apps.com/droidcam/windows/
- Download from https://www.dev47apps.com/droidcam/windows/
- Install Into PC by Double Click
- Click NEXT
- Click I Agree Install
Connect the DroidCam Wireless Webcam Android App with the Windows DroidCam Client
- Ensure both mobile device and PC is connected to the same WIFI / LAN network.
- Click on the shortcut icon at Desktop.
- Select the WIFI mode.
- Key in the Device IP & DroidCam Port ID which can be located at the launch mobile App.
- Click Start button to connect both mobile & PC.
Start the video feed from your Android phone and both mobile and PC is connected.
Use your Android Smartphone as a webcam on Skype, Facebook and other similar apps.
Finally, we are using an Android phone as a Webcam in Skype on PC.
Now you can use your Android mobile/tablet as webcam for your PC. In almost every case, a Phone/Tablet camera will produce a better result. Moreover, it can handle exposure and dynamic range in a better way, and you can easily fetch a more professional-looking video.